Our hands-on approach benefits investors and business owners alike, and it dramatically increases the likelihood of a successful investment. In an effort to clearly align our incentives with those of the management team we will either acquire a majority stake in the business or a minority position. By maintaining a balance in our respective equity positions, our partnership with management is strengthened and the organization's entire focus remains on value creation.
We will consider a wide variety of opportunities, but typical investment criteria include:
- Revenue between $10 million and $50 million
- EBITDA of $2 million to $10 million
- A proven management team committed to long-term growth
- A strong and defensible market position
- Favorable growth prospects
By targeting management-assisted buyouts, we focus on strategic and operational excellence derived from experience serving our targeted industries, rather than financial engineering. Avondale's philosophy is to:
- Partner with management to develop a true strategic plan that that transforms the business andaims at achieving sustainable value growth.
- Provide management of middle market businesses with the strategic, operational and financial resources necessary to effectively execute the corporate transformation
- Work with management to jointly hold the organization and individuals accountable for implementing the strategic plan and for achieving specific targets for intrinsic value improvement
- Create an opportunity for key employees, the company's most important assets, to participate in the ownership and success of our investments
- Phin & Phebes is a growing venture based in Brooklyn, New York. They produce all-natural, premium ice cream with memorable and unique flavors including Banana Whama and Vietnamese Iced Coffee among others. Phin & Phebes can be found in Whole Foods and other gourmet grocery stores throughout the Northeast
- Avondale has partnered with the founders of Phin & Phebes by providing growth capital as well as strategic and operational support
- F&B was acquired in 2011. Located in Phoenix, AZ, F&B is a leading manufacturer of highly specialized, precision component parts and sub-assemblies for the commercial and military aerospace and semi-conductor industries. The company specializes in components for engines, auxiliary power units and environmental control systems, and owns one of the world's largest and most complete hydroforming facilities
- Avondale partnered with investors and management to drive a transaction that would infuse additional capital into the business to expand operations and fund future growth. F&B is currently seeking add-on acquisitions to expand service offerings and machining capabilities. To discuss add-on opportunities, please contact Rob Crisp (email@example.com).
- SimpleServe Inc. is a new Denver, CO-based company building self-service point of sale systems for customers in the food service industry. SimpleServe offers reliable solutions that improve order-taking accuracy, operational efficiencies, and which reduce overhead costs.
- Avondale has partnered with the founders to expedite their path to market, and to provide strategic guidance.